Seirus Cat Tracks
Seirus Cat Tracks
Recommended by major boot and binding manufacturers for the protection of your ski boot soles and bindings Seirus Cat Tracks fit over the soles of your ski boots to prevent wear from gravel and hard surfaces that distort the shape of the toe and heel. Keeping your soles and toes from being worn or contaminated protects both the boot, and keeps it looking like new, but also its compatibility with the binding. These improve traction and walking comfort, pop on and off quickly and easily, and pack right into a pocket so you can pull them on right there at the end of the trail before you start stomping down a flight of metal stairs, through a gravel parking lot, or across tarmac. Used by pro racers and people who don't want to find themselves facing the expensive prospect of a binding failure because the boots are too worn to fit properly Cat Tracks are the industry standard in sole protection for people who have to walk any distance in ski boots before they can hit the trails.
- Helps to prevent boot and binding malfunctions caused by wear and contaminants in your boot soles
- Adds longevity to boot soles and boots
- Keeps your boot soles from undue wear and looking like new
- Protects your ski boot and binding compatibility by preventing boot wear
- Slips on to the sole and improves traction while providing greater walking comfort
- Fits neatly into pocket, or tuck them under the snow gaiters of your snow pants!
- Used by pro racers
- Recommended by major boot & binding manufacturers such as: Nordica, Salomon, Rossignol, Marker, Technica, and Lange
- SIZE REFERENCE (boot size):
- Lg - fits 8 (26.5) and up
- Sm - Fits 8 (26) and under
- Jr - Fits 4-7 (22-35)
For a 28.5 men's boot, go with the LARGE size in the Cat Track.
I hear you--had some close calls on ice in Nordic boots myself! Cat tracks won't work, this is more what you're looking for: https://www.skiessentials.com/kahtoola-micro-spike.html#color=463
Can be used for other winter hiking boots and shoes as well.
For a 288mm boot you should get the size small which accommodates boot sole sizes 265-315mm.